Where’s Sean and what of IDE?

Sorry for the long delay between posts. I was hoping by now there would be something public that could be discussed regarding Identity Engines’ fate but alas we don’t seem to be there yet. I’m sure I’ve signed all kinds of confidentiality agreements so I’m not going to be the one to spill the beans. I sincerely apologize to our customers. In the final days of the company–like every other day of the company’s history–you were our top priority. I am hopeful that the arrangement, once announced, will give you all a path forward.

Personally, I start a new job at Cisco soon. My role will broaden out a bit from security and identity but I expect to keep my fingers in both pies for the foreseeable future–I’m excited to get started. I don’t know what this means for my blog though. I need to give that some thought and discuss it with my new group.

7 Responses to “Where’s Sean and what of IDE?”

1. IDECustomer says:

I’ve been told that IDE assets went to Nortel. Not sure what that means for the fate of Ignition, especially considering Nortel isn’t in the best shape either. It’s a shame that the VC folk did what they did to IDE. Ignition did what no other product could… period.

2. ag says:

I’ve heard rumors of Nortel as well, and if you look at this whois record, you’ll see a recent update:
    Domain Name: IDENGINES.COM
    Created on: 13-Jan-05
    Expires on: 13-Jan-11
    Last Updated on: 27-Oct-08

Now if someone will only explain how voodooracingparts.com fits into this picture…

In any event, I sincerely hope that the product line is continued, not the least of which is we bought 5 Ignition boxes in June :(

3. IDECustomer says:

I think Nortel it is… Current domain update:

Registrant:
    Nortel Networks
    3500 Carling Ave
    Ottawa, Ontario K2H 8E9
    Canada

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: IDENGINES.COM

3500 Carling Ave
    Ottawa, Ontario K2H 8E9
    Canada
    6137656032 Fax –

4. ag says:

And what of Nortel:

The Canadian network and telecommunications equipment manufacturer will be taken off the exchange if its shares do not return to more stable prices within six months. Technology stocks continue to struggle in the poor economy.

from:

also see:

BTW, there is a Master lock on the front doors of IDE and the phones are no longer being answered by the auto attendant.

5. ag says:

The question now becomes: which part of Nortel is rumored to have purchased the IP of IDE? Nortel may sells its metro ethernet division:

Any word on when we’re going to here the disposition? I would love to implement the products we purchase :)

6. ag says:

And so it happens, Nortel declares bankruptcy

7. Sean says:

I always knew IDE customers were a smart bunch. ;)